Sunday, September 17, 2006

An Update on Frida

It has now been three days since we rescued Frida and I can't believe how much she has improved since we brought her into our pet family.  The puppy that I brought home on Thursday was quiet, non-responsive, covered with fleas and lice and seemed very sickly.  Well Frida is now a very active and inquisitive puppy, who is taking food and water on a regular basis.

Here is an updated photo of Frida.

Frida waiting in the grass

We had the vet over on Friday morning and as she was leaving the rancho she called us to tell us that she had seen a sibling of Frida on the same road that I found Frida.  She was unable to catch him/her but armed with this information, I went out there and found her sibling.  Since we already have four dogs (including Frida) I took her to the San Miguel SPA where I sure hope that he/she will be adopted by a loving family.  As you probably have noted, I did not check to see if it was Frida's brother or sister.

The only problem that we have had since inviting Frida to join our clan is that the three big dogs are keeping their distance from her.  I am sure that this will pass, but both Jo Ann and I would like to get everyone into one happy family as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those ears. She does look pretty perky.
Billie

Anonymous said...

Frieda must be some type of chihuahua, right? What a lucky dog!!! Enjoy the blog.
Mary Ann