Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Desert Flowers

Today was a beautiful day here in San Miguel de Allende, the weather after last nights storms was most enjoyable and there was a calming sense of tranquility on our rancho.

So I decided to pull out my camera and put on my Lensebaby 2.0 lens with one of their extension tubes and go shot some macro shots today. It was a wonderful time to go out and just walk through the fields and the cactus, looking for colors and scenes that I have not shot before.

Because I was using the extension tube, my camera lens was about two inches from each of the subjects so when you see some of the images with thorns and stingers, please know that I escaped unharmed.

Below is one of my favorite flowers that we had in both Southern California and Northern California, Mexican Sage is so colorful and really easy to grow.

Mexican Sage

I found several stands of different cacti, each which had it own unique message. I thought that the following image was extremely interesting with the thorns but also the defect in the plant that looks like an eye is staring at you.

Cacti do have thorns

All of the cacti shrubs are now full of berries, and these look so inevitable, except for that darn thorn sticking out from the top.

Cacti do have berries

Even though we are past spring, some of the Napali cactus are still flowering and the one below was only two days or so from when it first opened it's blossom.

Cacti Flowers

Of course the bees are always out and about, today they seemed extra busy. No matter what I did the one below did not care that I was only an inch or so from where he was doing his business.

A Bee's Hard Day's Job

No comments: