Sunday, July 16, 2006

Another Friday Night and we ain't got no power

Last night we had a wonderful rain in San Miguel.  It was steady but not too hard.  The gardens cried in happiness and I am sure the farmers were rejoicing in celebration as it has been unusually dry this summer.

However, for another Friday night (well this time it was a Saturday evening) we lost our electricity. This time it came back after about 15 minutes so it was not like last weekend when we were out of power for over 12 hours.


But after a rain like last night, we get a morning that is just spectacular, the sunrise, the clear vista and the clouds.  I just wish I sit here all day and enjoy this view.

Pano of the Morning After the Rain

By the way, the reason that my posts lately have been so sparse and infrequent, is that I have become a partner in Sensual Chocolatiers (www.sensualchocolatiers.com).  This is a very exciting opportunity as the company has built a factory in Jalpa, outside of San Miguel de Allende and we are expanding into the US.  We have just raised a equity round from some angel investors and over the next couple of months will be opening retail stores in the US and implementing a internet store front and a chocolate of the month club.  If you are interested in receiving more information on Sensual Chocolatiers please send an email to info@sensualchocolatiers.com.  I do hope that I will be able to get my posting frequency back up to two or three posts a week, but now they will include updates on the progress of Sensual Chocolatiers.

No comments: