Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Turn Around Day

Last Friday my wife Jo Ann left for a week and a half to visit her parents back in Minnesota and to change the Realtor that we are using to sell our home there. I was very sad to see her leave as we have been having a wonderful time together since our move toSan Miguel de Allende in June.

I spent Friday night moping around trying to find things to do. After a while I put on a play list on iTunes that I had put together for Jo Ann and it just contributed to my sadness.

Saturday morning I woke up still feeling down and was missing Jo Ann tremendously. It was so quiet at the Rancho, we had no one working on the property that day and since we are so far from any other homes, I was feeling very isolated.

There I am cleaning up the burro pen and feeling about as down as I ever have, I mean this week I flip my bike and get ten stitches and a concussion, Jo Ann leaves for a week and a half and I am really struggling with my langage classes. But all of a sudden, the children of our maid show up at the gate of our Rancho and yell to me if I wanted to take them to a futball game in San Miguel de Allende. The youngest son's team was suppose to play but thier father had to work and they had no way to get to the match.



Autero in the game

You would not believe how much fun it was to get away from the isolation (although the task of cleaning up the burro pen was still there when I returned). Just being around these children and all of the laughing and playing that they do, it really turned around my whole weekend.



Chasing the ball

Game Over

Autero's Team's Victory Lap

Autero and friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon - Mi espousa is out of town as well - we are both bachelors - moaning! Are we pathetic or what ;-) ?

Hang-in there mi amigo she will be back before you know it.

John Calypso