Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bike Ride to Hospital de la Fe

Jo Ann and I headed off today for a good bike ride and went out to Palo Colorado, however on the way home, something bad happened. I really don't recall the whole chain of events but I was going too fast over a tope and the next thing I know I have a Mexican family helping me up. They were so helpful, getting some hydrogen peroxide for my cuts and some tissues for my bleeding. I have no recollection of falling or hitting the ground but I was a bloody mess.

We walked home and together with our maid we headed off to the Hospital de la Fe to get stitched up and to check on the potential of a concussion. Well six stitched later and some antibiotics and other meds, I am at least walking around albeit sore. I don't have a concussion but I have some serious sores that are going to keep me off my bike for a good week or so.

The help at the Hospital was excellent and I really want to say thanks to the family that helped me up. Jo Ann remembers where they live, even if I don't, so we are going to go over tomorrow to say thank you. This fifty plus year old body is no longer able to ride like a youngster and I better start remembering that. Maybe the sores and aches can help me.

1 comment:

Billie Mercer said...

Glad you are okay. Slow down. You'll see more. LOL
Hope you didn't have the camera in this wreck.