Sunday, March 11, 2007

el Charco del Ingenio jardín botánico

One of the jewels of San Miguel is the botanical garden in the hills over the city.  It is a place that I enjoy to visit although I don't get there enough.  In the past two months, I have been to three lectures/tours of the jardín and every time I see something new or unusual.

The past week we had a lecture on using cacti and succulents in your garden design with an add on topic of how to propagate cacti and succulents.  The lecture and tour was given by the curator of the cactus collection Martin Smith.

Other than to recommend that if you enjoy native plants and trees, cacti and succulents, you need to go and visit the jardín now as spring is hitting the desert plants and everything looks so wonderful.  Instead of my expanding on what I saw, I am only going to post a number of photos from my last trip there.  If you want to see more of my collection of images from el Charco, visit my flickr collections here and here.

Huizache chino 2 Colorful cacti Tiny Cactus 2 Yucca in bloom Red Barrel Cactus Interesting cacti 2 Interesting Cacti 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi congrats for your botanical garden pictures.... I took some at about the same time as you

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/denislenavig/album?.dir=9ee3scd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I liked the gardens so much that I bought a house not too far from the gardens.