Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Almost Off the Grid

Yesterday commenced the final phase of our renovation of Rancho La Luz, this being the installation of solar panels and the electronics for moving the rancho's electric requirements entirely to solar power. We commenced the renovation around the first of April last year (I guess it was an April Fool's joke on me to think we would have finished this work by the end of September) and have completely renovated the buildings, the landscaping and now moving from the grid to the generation of electricity by solar.

We are using a local firm called Solar & Heating Solutions here in San Miguel de Allende to procure all of the necessary equipment and to install the system. Once I am done with this project, then I will be able to get rid of all my voltage regulators and UPS systems. That will be a real benefit.

I hope to have some photos of the transformation of the rancho once we are done. Trust me to say that it has been a major transformation of the rancho and we are really happy about the work that we have done.

No comments: