Friday, October 06, 2006

Follow up on patience

Since the post earlier this week, I have had to face more events that have been testing my boundaries of patience.  As I mentioned we have commenced a project to re-grade the land around our house as the current grade allows the water from our heavy rains to drain to the house and creates large ponds of water outside our front door. 

We have not had any flooding inside the house but on several occasions this summer it was close.  Thus this project was commenced and as you can see there is a lot of dirt being moved around by the back hoe.

Construction at Rancho La Luz Constructure at Rancho La Luz 2

However on Wednesday afternoon the back hoe tore up our main electricity lines and the house was completely without power.  I am grateful that our contractor and electrician were able to come out any by 9p we had partial power back to the house.  Then yesterday they came back and established power to the rest of the house, albeit via a temporary solution where I have power lines running all over the ground that need to be inserted into PVC conduit and buried underground.  This was suppose to be done yesterday afternoon but I could not find them to determine when we were going to get the work done.

I was starting to have a significant break down as I also have a friend in town who needs some major computer work done (she can't get her computer to boot properly and I need to get there to deal with it), we have several appointments today with local schools related to our work with Patronato Pro Niños and I really want to get the power lines underground before anything else serious can happen.

Then around 9p last night I get a call from my contractor and he says that everything will be done today (I am writing this on Friday morning), but that they had another emergency and could not get out there yesterday.  So I relaxed and realized I need to slow down a little and just enjoy the process.

Then this morning I was reading some of the blog postings that I have in my rss reader, and I came upon this touching story about some blind children learning to deal with their lost of sight.  I guess I just to realize how insignificant my problems are compared to some others that really have some difficult issues to deal with.  You can read this posting at http://www.mexicanpictures.com/headingeast/2006/10/blind-leading-blind.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm trying to figure out what is the big building above the cactus?

Jon of SMA said...

That is the gate guarded community called Rancho Las Laboradores. It is about a kilometer from our house.