Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tale of Two Springs, Part One

I can't believe it has been almost a month since we came back from San Miguel this last trip. I have had some out of town projects since we came back to the States and of course we are preparing for our next trip to San Miguel in May. However, I wanted to present a two part posting about the differences in the spring season between San Miguel and Northern Minnesota.

Here I have posted a couple of images from our walking around San Miguel, which highlight both the beautiful colors and varieties in the high desert, but also the beautiful blossoms of the cactus when it is in bloom.

The Jacaranda Trees were in full bloom and could be seen all around the city. I have never seen these trees before when they were in bloom and they are gorgeous.

There were also many flowers in bloom that I would have considered normal in either Northern or Southern California, but I guess the topology is similar and I understand that just about anything that can grow in California can grow here.


Here are a couple of other examples of what I was talking about.


















But of course when you are in the high desert, you can not experience spring without watching the cactus blossoms as the plants come out of their winter slumber. I really enjoy the cactus in bloom.


Now hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get some examples of spring in Northern Minnesota, which of course will be several weeks after we had the start of our spring time in San Miguel.

No comments: